Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How do I access Letter Wizard in Word 2007

I've never used the Letter Wizard (though did use a similar UserForm-based
solution in Word 2.0), but it seems to me that its greatest advantage would
have been the ability to insert addresses from an address list (the Word 2.0
version saved these as "Glossary," i.e., AutoText, entries); now that Word
will use only the Outlook address book, this would be of no value to me. I
do use Bill Coan's DataPrompter to create UserForms for my letter templates,
but addresses must still be typed in manually or pasted in from another
source.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
If moved to the User Templates folder, they appear to work after a

fashion,
but there are essential differences between the default normal templates

of
2007 and earlier versions that can lead to some odd formatting. Of those I
have tried the fax wizard appears to be only partially compatible, but the
calendar wizard works quite well.

On balance, for letters and faxes, I would recommend creating your own
template.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
As they were just based on user forms, there is no reason that they
could not be used in Word 2007.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Did someone say that they could still be used if you had saved them
from previous versions?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]"
wrote in message ...
The agenda wizard, envelope wizard, fax wizard, letter wizard, memo
wizard, pleading wizard, and résumé wizard features were removed
from Word 2007.

Keith wrote:
Used to earlier versions...can't contstruct a letter to save
myself and have always used the wizard......where is it????