Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default unwanted newspaper columns

Try this:
Find and open Normal.dot as you did before (i.e. right-click the file and
select Open). Then select Format Columns and click the One column icon,
click OK. Save and close Normal.dot.

Note: since you have already found your Normal.dot, you have no reason the
go Tools Options File Locations tab - in the article €śWhy is my €śBlank
Document€ť not blank€ť, this is described as _another_ method to find
Normal.dot.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"banker word" wrote:

I tried that, and it didn't work. I right clicked on normal.dot, selected
open, selected tools/options and on the file location tabs, double clicked on
'user templates'.
Here's where I got stuck: it would not accept the path. It said it was
password protected or something else..

"Luc" wrote:

Banker,
Somehow your normal.dot has been altered. Have a look here for some methods
to restore it to the original state:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Luc Sanders