Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Need to compress images

Have you tried compressing the pictures? There's a button for that on the
Picture toolbar. Since the pictures aren't saved anywhere else, I'd advise
doing this on a copy of the document. Also see
http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

"Linda RQ" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

Using Office 2003. Have some old documents that have photos which are
high resolution. One of the documents is 20 mb. We need to get these
down in size. The pictures are not saved anywhere but in the document.
Is there a way to do it using Word or an add on from Microsoft? If not
what would be the best process? This document has 10 pictures in it. We
have others as well.

Thanks,
Linda