Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Do styles help with drafting? (Reposted from word.general, asthis location seems more suitable)

Hi Stephen

srd wrote:
Yes that helps. I'm not completely clear, however, on the mechanics of
using templates to modify the appearance of documents, when a different
template was used to create it. Is there a discussion somewhere of
matters such as how you ensure that the applied template over-rides the
global and document templates, and even a review of the basics on

If I understand John correctly, you will simply change the document
template under Tools | Template and AddIns and check "Automatically
update document styles." When you do that, a style which is used in the
document and exists in the new template with the same name will be
updated. It's roughly the same as copying the styles over with the
Organizer.

[You could in theory also create a new document based on the new
template and copy the contents of the old document over, but that's a
lot more complicated -- and section formatting _will_ give you headaches.]

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS