If the "Style for following paragraph" for a given paragraph is a different
style, it may well have a different font.

"Andrew B" Andrew wrote in message
Same problem I've seen other questions on: at some points in my doc, Word
will automatically switch to another typeface and font when I hit enter -
Arial 10 reg to Times 12 bold for example. If I backspace it changes the
*previous* line to something else again, like Arial 12 bold italic!!

Yeesh!
The remedy I've seen suggested here is to go to Autoformat/Autocorrect
"AutoFormat as you type" and switch off the "Apply as you type" and
"Automatically as you type" stuff. I've switched off *everything* in these
boxes, plus some other stuff in "Replace as you type" (i.e. bold and ital
with real formatting), yet the problem persists.
Sounds trivial, but I can't work with a doc where the font is different
every other line, with weird bolding and italics etc.
Please - any other ideas anyone??? I have to stop these things!