Jezebel

There's no inherent reason why GIFs should be chopping off part of the
graphic -- suggest you investigate that part of the problem, because in
other respects GIF is likely to be the best format for this purpose. In
general, GIF or JPG is best --

JPG is full colour, so preferred for photographs; but the image may
disintegrate if resized or re-oriented.
GIF is only 256 colors but handles vector information better, so tends to be
preferable for drawings and text rendering.

BMP is the last choice in most cases: fuzzy, as you observe, and the files
can get very large.

"TechWriter" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have created some visio files, which contain the flowchart for
various stages of a process. I want to insert all of them to a Word
document in the form of a picture file. First of all is it a good idea?
Will Word accept visio drawings as picture files?

Also if this is a good idea, then which file format do I convert the
visio files to? I tried .gif, but it doesn't display all the blocks of
the flowchart. I also tried .bmp, which does display all blocks, but at
the cost of clarity as well as messing up the font size. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.