Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ladygr

Default preventing duplicate entries

The reason I do not use exel is because this form will be used by MANY other
people who may not have exel. I also want it to be "Idiot Proof" as far as
just fill in the blanks and the info is put into the source doc for future
use. Then you can use the "find record" and fill in the forms again as
needed. But I need it NOT to be able to accept duplicate ID#'s. Does anyone
have a VBA that would accomplish this?

"Anne Troy" wrote:

This would be much easier done in Excel, which could only require a quick
copy/paste (assuming you have Excel). See:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel. htm
I am certain that doing it in Word would require VBA, where at least you'll
have a choice with Excel.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"ladygr" wrote in message
I am making a merge form in word 97 and the source data was created as a
.doc
file using mail merge helper. there are 6 columns, 5 of which can contain
duplicate information. 1 column, however, cannot. The column title is ID#,
and each person has a unique #. How can I prevent entering duplicate
entries
of ID#'s in a word table?