Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Default Word has a blank page after I use Microsoft Office Document Imagin

I doubt you are editing a TIF file in Word.
USUALLY: when you scan a document using OCR, you'll get text (I suspect
that's what you're doing).
When you scan as a graphic, you'll get a TIF file...which won't be editable
with Word except to perhaps resize it. It's a graphic image.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Moose Hockey" wrote in message

Hi,

I am not sure if this question has been asked.

When I scan a document as a TIFF and open the Tiff with Microsoft Office
Document Imaging and use the "Send text to Word", Word opens in a blank
screen. When I click the Close (X button), I am prompted to save my Word
document.

If I say yes and save it for example to my desktop, then I can edit the
TIFF
in Word.

This does not happen on my computer, but on others. I cannot tell if this
is
a Word problem. The only difference is that I have domain rights.

All computers use Microsoft XP Professional and Office XP.

Thank-you....