Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moose Hockey

Default Word has a blank page after I use Microsoft Office Document Im

In the end, I just reimaged the user's computer. I tried to find something on
Microsoft's site, but no luck.

"Andrea H" wrote:

Hi, I am having the same problem for one user who has Office 2002. Not
running Norton. Any sign of a fix?
--
Thanks,
Andrea

"Moose Hockey" wrote:

Sorry if I was not more clear. I edit a TIFF by converting it to Word using
the application Microsoft Office Document Imaging. There is a button called
"Send Text to Word".

When I click on that button, Word does open, but the screen is blank. If I
try to close Word, I am prompted to save. If I save the Word session, I can
then open my saved Word doc and edit it.

On my computer this does not happen. When I use the "Send Text to Word", the
TIFF is converted to Word and is then editable.

What I do not understand, is there something that I need to check off on the
problem computers?

"Moose Hockey" wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure if this question has been asked.

When I scan a document as a TIFF and open the Tiff with Microsoft Office
Document Imaging and use the "Send text to Word", Word opens in a blank
screen. When I click the Close (X button), I am prompted to save my Word
document.

If I say yes and save it for example to my desktop, then I can edit the TIFF
in Word.

This does not happen on my computer, but on others. I cannot tell if this is
a Word problem. The only difference is that I have domain rights.

All computers use Microsoft XP Professional and Office XP.

Thank-you....