Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Need help in making a document fit in one page.

As Mike says, if the problem is too little text, then increase the margins,
increase the font size, and increase the spacing between (some of) the
paragraphs. I usually drop the date lower in this case and add more space
between the date and inside address. Most of my letter templates use
13-point type, which I reduce only as necessary to fit a longer letter on
one page.

http://word.mvps.org

"Pat" wrote in message
Hi again,
This did not help sorry Suzanne I did find the shrink to fit finally but
this is not helping.
You see my letter is very short and I wanted it on a full page.
I know that Word prefect would do that in a flash.
I had heard that we could also do it in Word but this is not working
Any other suggestions ???
Thanks again Pat

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Pat" wrote in message
Good Morning,
I am having trouble here in trying to make a document fit into one page.
I write a letter and when I print it out it looks awful. It is mostly
on the top of the page and does not look right at all.
Can someone help. ? I thought there was a setting where you can make
your document fit into one page ....or two if it's long enough but that
it would look clean
Thanks
Pat