Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default alignment of cells in Word 2000

Under Table Properties, Options, ensure that both "Allow Spacing between
cells" and "Automatically resize to fit contents" are not checked.
Also have you tried the Distribute Columns Evenly button on the Tables
toolbar? This should help get the cell borders connected to each other
hopefully. You can do this in groups of two columns at a time if you don't
want the whole table distributed evenly.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"bevaau" wrote:

I have a table in Word 2000 (data copied from Excel, if that makes a
difference), all text, but I cannot get the text in each cell to align with
the cell above it. Subsequent cells are just (very) slightly 'off' so that
when I print without the table borders, the 'columns' appear jagged on the
LHS. I have cleared all tabs, checked for left-over spaces, checked for no
spacing before and after paragraphs, aligned them again and again, etc. but
cannot get the clean look I want. Any suggestions?