Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default the sybmols

Hi Peter,

Insert=Symbols [down arrow]=More Symbols should bring up the dialog with the 'Special Characters' tab. That tab isn't one used as
often as you might think in a broad spectrum of Word users.

For tables, not everyone does the design first, it's often added, or changed, once the content is correct.

The 'Borders and Shading' dialog is also available in the right click menu when you're in the table.

============
"grammatim" wrote in message ...
It's there -- but because it's usually open, I keep it way up top with
the unneeded stuff off the top of the screen.

But it's very strange that you can't get to it from the Ribbon, since
it's where the stuff they think people actually use is kept.

Now that I'm trying to make the 16 tables to go with the 92 sources in
my article, I'm finding out how much more tedious it is to do a table
in 2007. (1) _One_ thing that's needed in every new table, borders, is
on the "design" tab instead of the "layout" tab; but why should the
"design" tab stay there at all after the design has been assigned?
(Which I would never do from one of their built-ins anyway).
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP