Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Baselines of fonts at the same height

Part of the issue here is that all fonts have a certain amount of "leading"
built in, most of it above the line but some of it below. Also, the way line
spacing works can be affected by numerous Compatibility Options. It's worth
looking at those to see whether changing any of them will make a difference.
But I think you will find that if you set both cells to same Exact line
spacing, the problem will be greatly reduced.

http://word.mvps.org

"pnumminen" wrote in message
I see what you mean, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

The settings and what they do:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4125/cells2.gif

On May 29, 5:48 pm, DeanH wrote:
Select the cells, Table Properties, Cell tab, Options button, ensure that
Bottom Vertical alignment is selected, then click the Options button, in
the
Bottom margin box there should be a value, if it is blank then one of the
cells has a different value from the other(s). Correct this and all should
be
well.