Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GMofUSA-PO[_2_] GMofUSA-PO[_2_] is offline

Default take yet another lesson from wordperfect "reveal codes"

Ive read the articles; Ive read most the comments for this subject matter.
I am very frustrated and agree in general with pro-Wordperfect communications!

I commonly receive word documents that are pre-formatted (Pre-designed style
templates from word) that often contain cell errors! Example: The format in
one cell is varied from the balance.

I now understand the reason reveal formatting in Word 07 is worthless in
correcting what seemed to be simple flaws. I made the mistake of attempting
to correct an error in a time sensitive document this AM and here I am
posting this comment because of such.

Thank goodness I have a secretary that can take the €œTIME€ to correct the
changes, by redoing the documents from scratch!

I have ordered my divisions IT department to pilot a add on suggestion by
Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant €“ Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified, in
hopes this reveal formatting feature will be enhanced to save time and
energy. For this I/we thank you, Mrs. Chapman in advance.

Regards,
General Manager of US Corporate Services

"wordperfect is superior" wrote:

I have always disliked Word. It is an inferior product. However, I find
myself forced to use it.

I do not understand how people use it without a "reveal codes" function.
Word takes over in too many instances and forces all sorts of formating on
what I am typing.

Why don't you make it possible for people to see the codes you insist on
interjecting all over the place? That way we could delete them.

It is a big mistake to write word processing programs as though whenever
someone begins a line with a number, for example, they intend to produce an
outline.

Or, what about tabs that mysteriously become impervious to the mouse?

Get rid of all this automatic formatting!!!! Or, at the very least, give us
the power to see it and delete it.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.