Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Default how can i find how many dpi a figure is?

Hi Chris,

For any images you've inserted into your document, go back to the source and find its dimensions in pixels. Then divide that by the
dimensions in inches of the image as pasted & scaled in Word.

BTW, 1000dpi is a ridiculously high resolution - there's very few people who could pick the difference between that and 600dpi for
B/W line art or 300dpi for a typical photo. And if the printer only outputs at, say, 600dpi, anything more just adds to the file's
bulk without being printed. Vector graphics print at whatever resolution the printer is capable of.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]