Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I change line spacing in comment balloons?

Yes, well, luckily the solution was not too difficult. I started in Safe
Mode to verify that, by default, Normal doesn't have these settings. Then
renamed Normal.dot, opened Word, used Organizer to copy Normal from the new
Normal.dot to Normalold.dot, closed Word, renamed Normalold.dot back to
Normal.dot (as an aside, Word had *not* created a Normal.dot file as a
result of my just opening and closing Word), and was good to go.

Interestingly, during all this foofaraw, I kept being prompted to save
Normal.dot every time I closed Word. I kept saying no. After I copied the
default Normal style into it and started over, I did not get the prompt. I
consider that a step in the right direction as well.

I can't remember whether I got the prompt when I closed Word after renaming
Normal.dot. It could be that my saying no prevented the Normal.dot file from
being created. It may be that those who observe that a Normal.dot is created
in these circumstances are those who don't have Word set to prompt or who
answer yes to the prompt.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
No good deed ever goes unpunished.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

That's not the worst news, though: it seems that in my attempts to help
another user the other day, I have managed to get my Normal style
contaminated Asian (SimSun) font and Chinese (PRC) language. sigh