Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin

Default Can I get rid of a typing lag in Word?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but the lag continues. It is more
pronounced typing a document in Word than a letter in Outlook Express. I've
wondered if there are features of Word that I can turn off and speed it up
some?

Kevin

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Kevin wrote:
When typing in MS Word, the characters will sometimes lag - I'll type two or
three letters that do not appear on the screen, and then the computer catches
up to me and everything is there. Has anyone else encountered this and how
do you get rid of it?

Switch to Normal view and see if you get the lag again. For many stages
in document creation, this is a lot faster, and you'd only want to work
in Print Layout or Print Prewview when you are doing pagination.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS