Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SarahKabil

Default Cannot edit text boxes in Word document.

The document is definitely not protected, as least not under ToolsProtect.
The numbers are not part of the Header/Footer layer.

If they are pasted in as pictures, shouldn't I be able to click on them,
like I can with the other pictures in the same document? Or is there some way
to lock pictures?

Thanks for your help.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

If you're certain taht the doc is _not_ protected (ToolsProtect/UnProtect) a
couple other possibilities are;

1- If the text in the boxes appears to be gray they are probably in the
Header?Footer 'layer' of the doc, or

2- They may have been pasted in as pictures rather than actual text boxes.

HTH |:)

"SarahKabil" wrote:

My predecessor created the document I am using, and even though the text
boxes on the first page can be edited, past that they are all locked somehow.
I have checked the lock document settings and I cannot figure out how she
managed to do this. Any ideas are appreciated.