Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default Selecting sentence/paragraph with keyboard

....and most likely, you already have a shortcut assigned to en dash:
Ctrl+Num -
(i.e. minus on the numeric keypad).

However, if you use e.g. a laptop without a numeric keypad, that shortcut
cannot be used.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have the appropriate AutoFormat As You Type settings enabled, then
typing [space][hyphen][space] will result in [space][en dash][space]. I'l
grant you this is three keystrokes, but it doesn't require use of the mouse,
and I don't see how the mouse comes into this equation at all, anyway; if
the problem if just the en dash, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to that.

"Don Ellis" wrote in message
I try to avoid the mouse as much as possible. Is there a way to select a
sentence or paragraph using just the keyboard?

And how can I create a single keystroke that inserts these three

keystrokes
-- [space][en dash][space]?

Thank you.

Don