Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Student Student is offline

Default How do I unsplit a table without deleting a para mark?

When a table has misaligned column borders, I generally split the table,
align the column borders, then delete the paragraph mark between the split
rows. This generally works. I have two recent cases where it does not: 1)A
Word 2007 docx that I have saved as a Word 2003 doc and 2)An RTF document
edited in Word 2003. In neither case can I delete the paragraph mark. It
seems that the only way to reconstitute the table is to convert it to text
and back again (UGH!). There has to be a better way?