Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Payson Payson is offline

Default How can I create documents that doesn't automatically compress

Actually, I did write the document on Word 2007, which I didn't realize. The
college is using Word 2003 so that was the problem all along. Thank you for
helping me with this problem. It has been resolved.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

There is no function in Word to create zipped documents on the fly. I regret
I know nothing about Vista, but if it automatically creates compressed
files, then there should be a way of turning it off from Vista. Ask in a
Vista forum.

Are the files compressed if you merely save them to the hard drive? If not,
open an e-mail message - preferably in Outlook - and add the document to the
message as an attachment.

Payson wrote:
"Payson" wrote:

No, I am using Word 2003, the same as on my XP. The only difference
is in the system whice is Vista that the problem occurs. I can save
the document the same and upload it the same from both systems.
But, the professors find it in a zip file and cannot open it when
the document came from my computer with Vista.

Any suggestions?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Would you be using Word 2007? If so, save as Word 97-2003.

Payson wrote:
I am doing on-line school. When I create a word document and
upload it to my professors, they can not open it because it is a
zipped file. How can I create work documents that don't
automatically compress? I can do this with my XP but not with
Vista. Is there a setting or default I need to change?

Help!!!!

Graham,

I have tried this, too. I submitted the document as both Word.doc
and as Rich Text and both are zipped files. Is there any way to set
the default to not zip files in Vista?