Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default If...Then... - combining fields

Yes, Doug Robbins replied with

{IF {MAILMERGE evnttype} = "OTSC" "{MAILMERGE "date"} {MAILMERGE "time"}
{MAILMERGE "room"}" "unscheduled" } }

(all the {} need to be the special field braces you can enter using
ctrl-F9).

Peter Jamieson
"David Evans" wrote in message
Did anyone ever respond to this? I have the same issue...

"zSplash" wrote in message
I want to do a If-Then-Else statement in mailmerge such that if a
condition is true, 3 mailmerge fields are added to the document;
otherwise, a text-field (or, a single field) is added. I have tried &( )+
between the 3 fields (to "connect" them). Is there anyway to do it? (I
keep getting the second of the 3 I want to combine and add as the "else"
part, which makes sense...).

{IF {MAILMERGE evnttype = "OTSC" {MAILMERGE "date"} {MAILMERGE "time"}
{MAILMERGE "room"} "unscheduled" } }

TIA

st.