Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How to alphabetize a list

Assuming that each item is in a separate paragraph, you can select the whole
list and click Sort on the Table menu. Make sure to sort on paragraphs.

In Word 2007, you'll find the Sort command in the Paragraphs group of the
Home ribbon tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lorraine" wrote in message

"joy" wrote:

IWhen I look in Help within MS Word (2003) it says How to sort a list or
table, and then it only tells how to sort in a table. This is just one
long
list of names and I want to alphabetize the list. I don't want them in a
table. If I try to put them in a table and sort from there I get a long
black vertical line and the names disappear. Can anyone help? TIA.