Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default MS Word document date query.

Have you tried selecting Properties on the File menu, then looking at the
Statistics tab? That's what "File | Properties | Statistics" is shorthand
for.

As for date fields, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

"CReubens" wrote in message
Well, thank you for your response, Suzanne, I guess. I mean, it seemed as
though your suggestion was for me to visit the Word MVP FAQ webpage and

get
my question actually answered there. Ah, but I TRIED that, and to no

avail.
I also tried right-clicking in a blank portion of the document, expecting
"Properties" to pop up upwhence I'd be able to finally obtain the date I
originally created the document. But no such luck. "Properties" simply
didn't pop up, no matter where nor how many times I right-clicked! I'm

still
left with the feeling that the date I wrote that letter is SOMEWHERE

hidden
deep within the bowels of my computer, but I've given up on finding out
precisely where...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

File | Properties | Statistics or insert a CreateDate field.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"CReubens" wrote in message
How can I find the date a Word document was originally created?