Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paul LeBlanc Paul LeBlanc is offline

Default Maintain Formatting during copy paste

Stefan,
This is my wife's work computer and her department issued a document with
all the tables they are supposed to use in their reports in a standard word
document. ( All in Bookman Old Style ) She does not use all of the tables in
every report but just copies over the ones she needs for that particular
case. I set the default font in her copy of Word (using the font picker and
clicking the set as default button ) so that it always starts a new report
with Bookman Old Style per her departments requirement for reports.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

How did you change the default font? How were the cells formatted? Using
table styles, paragraph styles, or direct formatting?

If you are referring to a *true* template (*.dot file), I don't understand
why tables need to be copied? *Creating* documents from the template (via
File | New) would seem easier.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul LeBlanc" wrote in message
I have a user with a problem in Word 2003. She has a template with multiple
tables that are copied over into a new document. Both the template and the
new document are setup with Bookman Old Style as the default font but when
she copies the tables she needs for the new report Word will change the
font
in some of the cells (but not all of them) to Times New Roman. It also
changes some of the cells to ALL UPPERCASE without any apparent rhyme or
reason. The template is actually a standard Word document that just
contains
the tables frequently used.