Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rontgen red rontgen red is offline

Default in Word 2007 files are opening as Read Only, so I can't save chang

New laptop with Vista business, and Office 2007. I migrated XP pro/Office
2003 files with the usb cables.

Now when I open .htm files to make changes to my websites, i can;t save the
changes, because these files open as Read Only.

I have right clicked on the files before opening them and looked in the
property and the Read Only box is not checked off in any of my files.

If i save the files in the mht format, i can't save them again, as they open
as read only, and I also can't resave them as htm, because I get a dialog box
that says it can't save the file, as the file is a read only .. . .

How do i turn off whatever function this is so so i can use my files
normally?