Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2010 Table of Contents dialog box missing

In the Macros dialog box (Alt+F8), set "Macros in" to "All active templates
and documents." If you find a macro called InsertTableOfContents listed,
delete it (because it is overriding the Insert Table of Contents command at
References | Table of Contents).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Morphaiea" wrote in message

I prefer to mark table of contents entries individually, but when I
click on

the References tab
Table of contents
and Insert Table of Contents

the Table of Contents dialog box doesn't open. Instead, a table of
contents appears. I hate styles and would much rather work from the
dialog box. Can anybody please tell me how to get it back?

--
Morphaiea