Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default error message about extending beyond printable page

I agree that half an inch should be adequate for most printers. In Page
Setup, set all your margins to 0" and click OK. You'll get a message that
the margins are outside the printable area and an offer to fix them. Accept
the offer and note what margins result; those will be the default minimums.
You can then cancel out of the dialog without actually changing them. If the
bottom margin is actually more than 0.5", you can decide how to proceed from
there.

"mshurk" wrote in message
.5"

This has worked on my documents in the past.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What is your footer (not bottom) margin?

"mshurk" wrote in message
Since about six months ago I've been getting error messages telling me
that
each section (I don't use sections!) footer (I don't have footers other
than
page numbers!) goes beyond the printable page. I get these everytime I
try
print a document. I've checked the margin sizes and everything and as
far
as
I can tell nothing's changed. Any ideas?