Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Bill,

My immediate inclination is that you have "Different first page"
activated in File/Page Setup/Layout, and that something in the
header/footer area is causing this?

The first page properly shows the top of the 18pt Title Text at the 1"
top margin mark -- with free-space at the bottom of the document
of 1", respecting the fact that it is impossible to add another line of
text to this page without overflowing the bottom margin.

The second page shows the top of the 14pt sub-subtitle text at the 1.5"
mark. I certainly didn't put it there... More importantly, the bottom
margin has shifted down so the bottom margin is now 0.75" This
completely breaks with the page-layout specification I set up during
the initial document-layout-creation process.

All subsequent pages respect the top-margin and bottom-margin
settings as for the second page. It's as if the whole page of info
has been shifted down -- but Word doesn't show or display this on
screen.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org