Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default mail merge into document with multiple recipients per page

Set this as a form letter merge and put a next record field at the start of
each postcard except the first.
Normally such a merge would be setup as a mailing label merge using the
postcard blank as the label option - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm but the former
method will work just as well.

I don't understand your comment "Word won't let me put next record in
the field."
You don't put it 'in the field'. You put it on the postcard. Press CTRL+F9
and between the brackets type NEXT. Press F9 to update. Right click and
toggle the field to display the result.

FlyFish wrote:
I have a template designed to send postcards to customers. The page
is set up to print 4 detachable postcards per page and I need to mail
merge a contact list into it but when I attempt to merge the mail
merge recipients it puts the same recipient's information on every
postcard. Word won't let me put next record in the field. How do
I get multiple recipients merged into the document so each postcard
has a different recipient.