Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jkh

Default How do I get the bottom of the window in Word to show page numbers

Go to Tools, Options, View and make sure Status Bar is selected.

"dragonwing" wrote:

I just switched from the Word that came with Works 2000 to the Word that
comes with Microsoft Office Professional. Before, the page numbers--total
and current--always showed up on the bar at the bottom of the window. Now I
can only get the page numbers to start displaying by doing a word count. Is
there a way to make each document automatically display page numbers on that
bottom bar the way it used to?