Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Default Difference between web layout view and normal view

I've been using the web layout view lately, and had forgotten that there was
a normal view. I like web layout because it looks a lot like outline view,
which I've been using, but I get too distracted with the various formatting
marks in outline view.

I had a look at normal view today, and I couldn't really tell any difference
between web layout and normal view. I looked web layout up in the Word Help
files, and all I got was this, that I'm not sure I understand:
In Web layout view, backgrounds are visible, text is wrapped to fit the
window, and graphics are positioned just as they are in a Web browser.

For normal view, I read:
In normal view, page boundaries, headers and footers, backgrounds, drawing
objects, and pictures that do not have the In line with text wrapping style
do not appear.

Anyways, what I want is "outline view" without the formatting marks in front
of the headers that distract me (which is why I've been using web layout
view). Is there a good reason why I should switch to normal view, or stick
with web layout? When I'm in Word, I never make html--I have Kompozer for
that.

--
Paul

MS Office Pro 2003