Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Styles

Styles come from the document template, so unless you're pouring the
document text into a new document based on the template in which you created
the style, the style won't be available. Also, if you're using Word 2002 or
2003, the Styles and Formatting task pane (and almost certainly the Styles
list in any version) will be showing "Styles in use" or "Available styles"
rather than "All styles." If the style *is* available, you can force the
Styles list to display it by pressing Shift while you click the down arrow
beside the Style box.

"aalaan" wrote in message
OK. I need some help here. I'm trying to get into styles. Previously I

would
look at a raw file, typically single spaces, US English, Times New Roman

and
to prepare it I would select all then change the font to Arial, paragraphs
to 1.5 spacing, Select Australian English.

Now I believe I should be able to do that by creating a new style

embodying
all the above, and then simply applying the style to each raw document
(going select all and then choosing the style). However,the raw documents

look at have their styles already attached, and I now cannot find my new
style in the list. What am I doing wrongly?