Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default replacing blocked text

Word 2003 has a minor bug that causes random changes to the registry key
that holds the settings. If it becomes a problem you will need a macro
solution to fix it.

Mrs Tabs wrote:
Thank you Graham - the same thing happened to me and your answer has
solved the problem. But does anyone know why does the programme
suddenly change like this of its own accord?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Check tools options edit typing replaces selection.

greenie wrote:
I used to be able to block text and type a letter which would
replace the entire text. Now, when I block the text and type a
letter, the letter is just added at the end of the blocked text.

Also, I used to be able to block text and press "backspace" and the
block text would be erased. Now when I block text and press
"backspace," the cursor just goes to the beginning of the blocked
text.

WHY IS IT DOING THIS!?!!!

Blocked text + delete works just fine though.