Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default How do I delete empty header and footer space from my documents?

It really isn't clear (to me) what you are describing, nor do you indicate
what version of Word, but best guess 'til something better comes along (if
Word 2003) is take a look @ FilePage SetUpLayout to make sure that your
Header margin isn't set to something more than .5" - If this is a problem
occurring in *new* documents as well, click the Default button to update
Normal.dot before you OK out.

Should I have misunderstood, please post back with additional descriptive
detail.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Simpson McCarry" Simpson wrote in
message ...
How do I delete empty header and footer space from my documents and get
their
space allocation back at the default setting? I've tried the recommended
strategies: eliminating paragraph marks, attempting but not succeeding at
adjusting the vertical margins/ruler. I did the Detect and Repair thing. I
still cannot get rid of the space (and there's a lot of it). Please help.
Thank you.