Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simpson McCarry Simpson McCarry is offline

Default How do I delete empty header and footer space from my document

Thanks for pointing out the use of the Default button. I think the problem is
now resolved thanks to Barnhill (see email) and you. My apologies for lack of
specificity in my query.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

It really isn't clear (to me) what you are describing, nor do you indicate
what version of Word, but best guess 'til something better comes along (if
Word 2003) is take a look @ FilePage SetUpLayout to make sure that your
Header margin isn't set to something more than .5" - If this is a problem
occurring in *new* documents as well, click the Default button to update
Normal.dot before you OK out.

Should I have misunderstood, please post back with additional descriptive
detail.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Simpson McCarry" Simpson wrote in
message ...
How do I delete empty header and footer space from my documents and get
their
space allocation back at the default setting? I've tried the recommended
strategies: eliminating paragraph marks, attempting but not succeeding at
adjusting the vertical margins/ruler. I did the Detect and Repair thing. I
still cannot get rid of the space (and there's a lot of it). Please help.
Thank you.