WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I delete empty header and footer space from my documents?

To delete empty header and footer space from your document, you can follow these steps:
  1. Double-click on the header or footer area to activate it.
  2. Click on the "Header & Footer Tools" tab that appears.
  3. In the "Navigation" group, click on the "Link to Previous" button to turn it off. This will allow you to edit the header/footer separately from the previous section.
  4. Highlight the empty space in the header/footer area and press the "Delete" key on your keyboard.
  5. If the empty space is still there, try adjusting the header/footer margins. To do this, click on the "Page Layout" tab and then click on "Margins." From there, select "Custom Margins" and adjust the header/footer margins to your liking.
  6. If the above steps don't work, you can try removing any hidden formatting that may be causing the issue. To do this, click on the "Home" tab and then click on the "Show/Hide" button (it looks like a paragraph symbol). This will reveal any hidden formatting in your document. Look for any hidden paragraph marks or other formatting that may be causing the empty space and delete them.
  7. Once you've deleted the empty space, you can turn "Link to Previous" back on if you want the header/footer to be the same throughout the document.

I hope these steps help you delete the empty header/footer space from your document.