Dian Chapman, MVP, MOS

Not a problem and thanks for the thanks. Jay is a wiz and a great guy
with lots of tricks up his sleeves. ;-)

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:00:34 -0500, StargateFan
wrote:

Hi, thanks! Jay Freedman kindly provided the answer in the previous
response. I can ctrl+drag the icon from the pulldown onto the toolbar
to get this without having to create a macro/icon to do this.

Thanks for your help, though! Appreciate it.

****************************
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 04:35:28 GMT, (Dian Chapman,
MVP, MOS) wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here, but I think you're
saying you want to know how to convert text to a table?

If that's the case, select the area you want to convert, or hit Ctrl+A
to select all. Then click Table Convert Text to Table.

If you want to automate this, record it the first time as a macro and
then run to repeat.

Hope this helps...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free Tutorials:
http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:34:44 -0500, StargateFan
wrote:

I couldn't seem to find a toolbar icon to do this. I have a big job,
similar to others, where I need to take a whole bunch of paragraphs
and to turn them into tables before putting into an Excel spreadsheet.
By making into a table first, the data "conversion" has been reliable,
unlike just copy/pasting (bunch of errors this way, whereas table text
no).

Also, since the categories change so much between paragraphs, no way
to speed the process up but, at least, if I could automate the
function of converting bits of text to tables so I wouldn't have to
use the pulldowns, that would save a lot of grief.

Is there any toolbar option, or does anyone know the VB coding that
would do the same thing?

Thanks!