Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default How to make Word more lean?

Not a lot that you can do. Disable spelling and grammar as you type, disable
all the AutoCorrect and AutoFormat options and make sure that you have the
latest printer and graphics drivers installed.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Will" wrote in message
One of the reasons I've not used Word more is its kind of slow compared to
Wordpad. We can speed up the OS dramatically be trimming off stuff
running in the background through Services, Msconfig, etc in the Operating
System. I was wondering if there are ways I can make Word run faster?
Perhaps by disabling auto correction, spellchecking, etc? Your
recommendations would be most useful. I only need a very few features in
Word. And when I need something that might be disabled I can always
enable it for the brief time needed.