Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, MVP Dawn Crosier, MVP is offline

Default Unnatural outline numbering

Automatic Outline numbering can be VERY confusing, so it's easy to miss a
step or two. A recommendation that I would make, is before you get very far
along in your document, make sure you have each of the levels setup with
their proper indents, because sometimes when changing indents later in the
document, you can mess up earlier levels.

Good Luck!

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Sarah R" wrote in message
The part I was missing was naming the list (i.e., not just linking each
level
to a style). The named list then shows up when you insert the field, so
then
you can select the level of numbering to apply (in my example, it's level
4).
Thanks!