Peter Jamieson

Sorry for the delayed reply. I hadn't realised that you were using Works
Suite, which behaves very differently from "standalone" Word in this area.
Unfortunately I am not very familiar with Works and if you are still having
trouble, you might be better off asking your questions in a Works group.

In fact, when you use Works/Word, you /should/ be able to use the Works
Address Book (which is the same as the "Windows Address Book" as your data
source, directly, without exporting data. Even if you created merges a year
ago, as long as you saved the "Mail Merge Main Document" (i.e. the document
with which you want to merge the address data), if you can find it and
re-open it, the document should be connected to the /current/ address data.
So my current guess is that you cannot find those old documents in the
"History" list in Works. If that is the case, you may be able to find them
by looking at Windows Start button|Documents|My Documents. If they are not
there, try working through Windows|Start button|Search and look for files
named *.doc on your c: drive.

If I have still got the wrong end of the stick, can you try to spell out
exactly what steps you are /currently/ trying to do, and, if relevant,
exactly what it is that you cannot find.

Peter Jamieson

"Patti B." wrote in message
Word 2002 came with Microsoft Works Suite. I did save the merges with
browse
button and a file name, one file showed up in program files Microsoft
Works
?????

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

When you export, it's better to click the browse button to specify a
destination that you can remember. I just tried saving without specifying
the folder and my file ended up in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033

but that is not a guarantee that yours is in the same place.

I feel like I'm
missing a step. I merged to Print Master with comma tab delimiter
text.
But
I can't seem to do that again either......AUGGHHH

Which version of Word? It should be comma delimited text.

Peter Jamieson
"Patti B." Patti wrote in message

"Patti B." wrote:

I can't find address book any where in my files ????
I did as you said with OE... HERES A DUMB QUESTION....? Where does the
file
end up, its not in data source file? I did this mail merge about a
year
ago
when I first bought this "thing" and did it the first time. I feel