Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Monte Monte is offline

Default Merging all records not selected records

I am having the same problem. Have you been able to fix it?

Monte

"Jen" wrote:

I've had a problem the last few weeks while merging data from Excel to
labels in Word.
I use the wizard to select the data source, and hand select the few I
need. Usually about 1 sheet of labels per day.
Every time I go to the next step in the wizard to merge the data, Word
pulls all the records from Excel, not just the ones I selected.

I repeat the process sometimes 4 or more times to make it work. I've
tried rebooting, closing out of Word and Excel, and no combinations
make the process work. And today it hasn't worked at all.

Another problem I have, is that when Word brings up the dialog box
that says "Select Recipients" it pulls every row in excel including
empty cells. This sometimes takes 5 minutes for it to load.

The combination is very time consuming and frustrating.