Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale

Default How to make one large letter per 81/2x11 page top to bottom?

I have tried this, and the only way I could accomplish what you want is using
WordArt. I'll be interested to see what other ways there are.
--
Rae Drysdale

"JHTIK" wrote:

I am tryping to make one large letter that is as big as an 8 1/2xll. I want
to use it as a stencil to create lettering on a very large sign. I can't get
the letter to begin at the top of the page. No matter what I do or my niece
does the top of the letter begins about 2 1/2 inches from the top of the
page. I tried putting the letter in a text box and the letter still starts
down to low to fit in the box. I am using about a 800-850 font size so these
are really big letters. I did this last year and made two signs. I can't get
started on the signs until I make the indiviudal letter templates.
I tried dragging the test box past the margins which are set at max size. I
didn't print that out. I wanted to wait to see what my niece said. She
couldn't help me either. HOw can I make the letters big and still fit on the
page one letter per page.
Spelling out the word information on an 8' long sign.