Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Default How to make one large letter per 81/2x11 page top to bottom?

Use Word Art to create a letter. Place it on the page and set the layout to
'in front of text' You can then drag it to fill as much of the page as your
printer can handle.

JHTIK wrote:
I am tryping to make one large letter that is as big as an 8 1/2xll.
I want to use it as a stencil to create lettering on a very large
sign. I can't get the letter to begin at the top of the page. No
matter what I do or my niece does the top of the letter begins about
2 1/2 inches from the top of the page. I tried putting the letter in
a text box and the letter still starts down to low to fit in the box.
I am using about a 800-850 font size so these are really big letters.
I did this last year and made two signs. I can't get started on the
signs until I make the indiviudal letter templates.
I tried dragging the test box past the margins which are set at max
size. I didn't print that out. I wanted to wait to see what my niece
said. She couldn't help me either. HOw can I make the letters big and
still fit on the page one letter per page.
Spelling out the word information on an 8' long sign.