Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ted Ted is offline

Default Word 2007 loads open/loads very SLOWLY, even blank new docs

I'm running Word 2007 in XP Pro, Virtual OS on my Macbook Pro via Parallels.
The program takes 30-45 seconds to open, as does opening .doc or .docx files,
even blank new documents. While the program or file is opening, the computer
is tied up, cannot do anything else! Get the spinning rainbow colored ball
(Mac's "hourglass"). I have 4 GB of Ram, Dual Core 2.4 processor, 200 GB HD,
running on a new computer. I've tried checking for default printers that Word
might be looking for, removed add-ins, to no avail. Help!