View Single Post
  #7   Report Post  

Interesting. We have one user (so far) reporting this same behavior today on her Word 2003/Windows XP system at our 50 person company (got to this forum/thread via google).

Odd that it would have seemingly reared it's head in 2005 and then waited until January 2011 to crop up again. Perhaps some bug introduced in this week's Windows Updates? If so, strange that it's affecting her Word but not mine and another co-worker's. I had her send me a file she was experiencing it in as a test... columns resize fine in my copy of Word 2003 (same behavior that ChristieD reported 6 years ago).

I'd be interested in anyone else has any ideas on a cause/fix. Probably going to resort to reinstalling Office on her machine if this persists.

GG, have you installed any other--even 3rd party--software recently before this cropped up? My user couldn't think of any, but maybe some common thread can be found if you name something that jogs her memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG Bodge View Post
AArrgghh!!!! Please help. I woke up this morning and gremlins attacked my computer overnight. I'm having the same problems with my table resizing as the previous posts - "....stopped allowing me to resize by dragging, I can't drag any of the previously created tables columns to a width I want, either in this doc or in any doc - even a new doc I create with a new table. I can resize the columns the manual way (table properties - slow and tedious) or via the ruler. But I cannot resize by dragging the column widths".. Even more strangely, I can click and drag to adjust row height, but not column width.

I have done all the tweeking and restarting etc. of the computer with no success. I am a long-term user of Word and consider myself to know the ins and outs of the program. But I can't figure this one out and yes this drives me crazy.

Anyone else had this problem and solved it since the last post all those years ago.