handeiere handeiere is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeper1313 View Post
Interesting. We have one user (so far) reporting this same behavior today on her Word 2003/Windows XP system at our 50 person company (got to this forum/thread via google).

Odd that it would have seemingly reared it's head in 2005 and then waited until January 2011 to crop up again. Perhaps some bug introduced in this week's Windows Updates? If so, strange that it's affecting her Word but not mine and another co-worker's. I had her send me a file she was experiencing it in as a test... columns resize fine in my copy of Word 2003 (same behavior that ChristieD reported 6 years ago).

I'd be interested in anyone else has any ideas on a cause/fix. Probably going to resort to reinstalling Office on her machine if this persists.

GG, have you installed any other--even 3rd party--software recently before this cropped up? My user couldn't think of any, but maybe some common thread can be found if you name something that jogs her memory.