Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lollygagger Lollygagger is offline

Default Formatting Excel Text Fields in Word

Thanks for the suggestion. VB is a bit beyond my skill set.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

That is the only way that it can be done with mail merge. To maintain the
formatting, you would need to use Visual Basic to create a "roll-your-own"
equivalent to mail merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lollygagger" wrote in message
I'm using Word and Excel 2003. I have an Excel database with formatted
text
in that some of the words are bold, some are italicized, etc. in the same
field. I want to do a mail merge into a Word doc and maintain the same
appearance of the field in Word as it appears in Excel. Now it all come
over
as plain text.