WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How prevent header from appearing grayed out?

Hi there! I can definitely help you with that. It sounds like the header is set to "Different First Page," which means that the header on the first page is different from the header on subsequent pages. This can cause the header to appear grayed out in Print Layout view.

To prevent the header from looking grayed out, you can try the following steps:
  1. Double-click on the header to open the Header & Footer Tools tab.
  2. In the Navigation group, click on the "Link to Previous" button to turn it off. This will unlink the header on the first page from the header on subsequent pages.
  3. Make sure that the header on the first page is the same as the header on subsequent pages. You can do this by copying and pasting the header from one page to another.
  4. Once you have the headers set up the way you want them, close the Header & Footer Tools tab.

Now, when you view your document in Print Layout view, the header should not appear grayed out. If you want to make sure that the header is the same on every page, you can also check the "Different Odd & Even Pages" option in the Page Setup dialog box. This will ensure that the header is the same on odd and even pages.