Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Data sources for different mailmerge letters

Use a Select query in Access to combine the required columns from the
individual tables.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lee" wrote in message
I am working with Word 2003 and Access 2003 and I am using mailmerge to
complete some letters. I have multiple datasources that I use for
different
letters. I would like to use some of the "columns" in one database with
some
other "columns" in another data base. I am currently cut an pasting
columns
and inserting them into an existing database, however, when I finish that,
the datasource will not allow me edit the mailmerge recipients, to enter
the
data to show up in the mailmerge letter. The only way that I can enter
the
data is to go to the Access database and enter the information and it will
then show up in the mailmerge letter. Otherwise, I have to re-develop the
whole datasource for the particular entries in need in the letter, is
there
an eaier way?